Watermelon Grill w/ Fruit Kabobs - How-to done 8myplate style!


8myplate.com (MAIN FEED):My first high-speed attempt at the infamous watermelon grill
I had very limited time to put this together, but the next one will be my masterpiece, I promise ;)

I couldn't get the celery legs to hold it, so  we settled for a bowl that worked just fine. When I removed the lid for our guests, they were quick to snap a few pictures before trying a kabob. We left a bowl of mixed fruits and the cut watermelon in a bowl on ice. We set out the skewers so that guests could make their own #kabob to their liking. Needless to say this was a hit.

I created this small infographic to explain how I did it - show me your results! My next attempt will entail quite a bit more carving and attention to detail. If you'd like to see how a #pro does it, check SheKnows.com to see some amazing work!!! http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/1004269/watermelon-grill-with-fruit-kabobs

I also made a www.Pinterest.com -friendly photo for those Pinners out there!